About this recipe:If you're stuck for ideas for birthdays or Christmas, try making this as a food gift. Dry ingredients are layered in a jar with attached instructions of how to bake delicious cookies. Tie the jar with a pretty ribbon, and attach a wooden spoon!
Makes: 1 litre jar
110g porridge oats
110g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
60g chopped pecans or walnuts
170g plain chocolate chips
165g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Add to shopping list
Turn this recipe into a shopping list you can print, email, view on your mobile or shop online. It's free! Powered by Whisk.com
Method Prep:25min › Ready in:25min
Layer the ingredients in a 1 litre jar in the order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.
Include a card with the following instructions: Oat and Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease baking trays.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 110g melted butter or margarine, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 5cm apart on prepared trays.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven.
6. Transfer cookies from trays to cool on wire racks.