About this recipe:If you're stuck for ideas for gifts for Christmas or birthdays, try this as a food gift. Dry ingredients are layered in a jar and tagged with instructions of how to make these cookies.
Makes: 1 litre jar
80g plain flour
40g porridge oats
60g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
5 tablespoons caster sugar
60g dried cranberries
85g white chocolate chips
60g chopped pecans
Add to shopping list
Turn this recipe into a shopping list you can print, email, view on your mobile or shop online. It's free! Powered by Whisk.com
Method Prep:25min › Ready in:25min
Layer the ingredients in a 1 litre jar, in the order listed.
Attach a tag with the following instructions:
Cranberry, Pecan and Choc Chip Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together 115g softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy.
4. Add the entire jar of ingredients and mix together by hand until well blended.
5. Drop heaped spoons of the batter onto the prepared trays.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking trays or remove to cool on wire racks.
These cookies are gorgeous! Have baked them and given them as a gift, have given them as a gift jar, and have eaten far too many of them! Friends and family love them, and they are so easy to make.... I do agree though that a I litre jar is too big, but one of the best recipes I've ever found online. - 11 Mar 2015
just had a trial run of these cookies in a jar before giving as a prezzie....firstly I measured ingredients and found them a little lost in a 1litre jar, would say 750 would be sufficient...I used walnuts rather than pecans and found the mixture yummy, instructions a little brief, mixture really gooey so may needed a little extra flour to make little round balls which I then flattened slightly once on the tray, I also cooked for nearer 12 minutes but that may be my oven....overall pleased with result and will make again - 01 Apr 2013