1 / 1 Picture by: Anna G.
Wholemeal Fruit Cake Cookies
Makes: 1 loaf or 36 cookies
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 250ml water
- 150g raisins
- 30g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 180g wholemeal flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g dates, pitted and chopped
- 120g cut mixed peel
- 60g chopped nuts
- 75g chopped dried mixed fruit
Prep:20min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease one 23x13cm loaf tin.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook together the sugar, water, raisins, butter and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon. Stir into the cooled raisin mixture.
- Add the chopped dates, mixed peel, nuts and dried fruit.
- Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or drop spoons of the batter onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!