Ultimate Beef Burgers
Makes: 8 burgers
- 900g minced beef
- 4 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons beer
- 1 egg
- 50g chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Combine the beef, breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano cheese, barbecue sauce, beer, egg, spring onions, basil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix lightly using your hands, then form into 8 burgers.
- Lightly brush the barbecue cooking grate with oil and place burgers on the barbecue. Cook until no longer pink in the centre, 7 to 8 minutes per side for well done.
Alternative cooking methods
These burgers can also be cooked under the grill or in a frying pan. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!