1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Macaroni Cheese Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 210g uncooked macaroni
- 15g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250ml milk
- 175g grated mature Cheddar cheese, divided
- 175g grated mozzarella cheese
- 60g seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a muffin tin with cooking oil spray. In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, olive oil and salt; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the macaroni and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pot; stir in the butter and egg until pasta is evenly coated. Reserve 65g Cheddar and stir the remaining Cheddar, milk and mozzarella into the pasta. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the reserved cheese and the breadcrumb mixture over the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the topping is nicely browned. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin. This will allow the cheese to set and they will hold their muffin shape.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!