1 / 1 Picture by: kasia777
Merry cherry fruit cocktail traybake
- 225g tinned fruit cocktail in syrup
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 155g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 55g butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 60g maraschino cherries, chopped
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Drain the fruit cocktail, reserving 80ml of the syrup from the tin. Add the 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry syrup to the reserved fruit cocktail syrup. Chop the drained fruit, and set it aside.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the syrups, to the creamed mixture. Mix well and stir in the chopped fruit, coconut and cherries.
- Spread mixture into a greased 23cm square tin. Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle sifted icing sugar over the top if desired and cut into squares.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!