- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 24 unopened, fresh medium oysters
- 275g (10 oz) cooked spinach
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Pernod
- 1kg (2 1/4 lb) coarse sea salt
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
- Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, chop and set aside.
- Clean oysters and place in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to cover oysters; bring the water and oysters to the boil. Remove from heat and drain; let cool. When cooled, break the top shell off of each oyster.
- Using a food processor, chop the bacon, spinach, breadcrumbs, spring onions and parsley. Add the salt, hot sauce, olive oil and Pernod and pulse until finely chopped but not puréed, about 10 seconds.
- Arrange the oysters in their half shells on a pan with sea salt. Spoon some of the spinach mixture one each oyster. Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then change the oven's setting to grill and grill until browned on top. Serve hot.
This is an amazing recipe. Perfect in everyway. I used Pernod. I was thrilled I had this for this recipe. - 21 Jul 2008
My husband has had me searching everywhere for a recipe for Oysters Rockefller that tastes like the ones he ate once upon a time. He said this is it! The recipe is very simple, the longest part of preparation is opening the oysters! Wonderful! - 21 Jul 2008