- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 courgettes - peeled and cut into semicircles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 450ml (16 fl oz) water
- 1 dessertspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 whole cloves
- 7 whole peppercorns
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; sauté onion until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Add courgettes, garlic, salt, water, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, cloves, peppercorns, tomatoes and yoghurt and combine thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Altered ingredient amounts. Saute Courgettes with onions - 27 Jul 2009
I made this last Ramadan and my family and I really liked it. I served it over basmaati rice which worked out nice. - 15 Sep 2008
We enjoyed the mix of flavours in this dish, and found the texture of the courgette delightful. We found that the flavours bloomed in the refrigerator: the dish improved with age. - 15 Sep 2008