Pork and Beef Lasagne
- 450g lasagne sheets
- 225g minced pork
- 225g lean minced beef
- 225g passata
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 75g finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 450g cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 60g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 450g grated mozzarella cheese
Prep:1hr › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr45min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Add lasagne sheets and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Place pork and beef in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in passata, chopped tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a 20x30cm baking dish, place 2 layers of lasagne on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
my family loved this so much they said it was the best lasagne i have ever made, i changed the pork mince for pork sassage meat and added alot more garlic. Fantastic - 05 Dec 2012