Mexican bean pate
- 1 (400g) tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- water to bind
- salt and pepper
Prep:5min › Ready in:5min
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water until a spreading consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with brown toast, crusty bread, Ryvita or anything you fancy!
Pinto beans would also work well in this recipe.
Better with l/f yoghurt instead of water and oil and add garlic and chives. - 11 Jul 2011
Lovely as a dip! I added a bit more chilli to give it a proper kick! - 01 Aug 2010