Makes: 4 - 6 servings
- 70g chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 120g sliced carrots
- 150g peas
- 90g chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine
- 225g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 450g lasagne sheets
- 750g tomato based pasta sauce
Prep:1hr › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr45min
- Cook lasagne in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, peas and broccoli; saute over medium heat until tender. Add wine and garlic; cook five minutes or until wine has just about evaporated. Remove from heat and cool for ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sauteed vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and egg. Mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a 20x30cm baking dish. Spread 5 tablespoons vegetable mixture over each lasagne sheet, then carefully roll it up. Place seam side down in dish. When finished placing all the rolled lasagne sheets in the dish, pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 190 C / Gas 5 for 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle over remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered for 5 more minutes. Garnish and serve immediately.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.