- 900g (2 lbs) beef fillet steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered and seperated
- 1 green or red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Cut beef into cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl along with oil, onion, peppers, salt, black pepper and lime juice. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven grill, griddle pan or barbecue.
- Thread beef, onion and peppers onto skewers, 6 to 8 pieces per skewer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Used different ingredients. So *that's* how you marinate it! Second time around, I alternated cherry tomatoes and shallots between the pieces of meat. Getting the extra skewers lead -- counter-intuitively -- to a healthier meal. This is because a skewerful of meat is a deceptively large portion. The additions also improved the presentation and flavour. Next time, I will add some fresh green chillies to the overnight marinade. - 24 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. My husband's family make kebab by omitting the lime juice and marinating the meat in yoghurt mixed with one minced onion. I also add a pinch of dried mint. We barbecue these with onion wedges and tomatoes and serve it with Persian rice. - 24 Jul 2008
Yoghurt is an excellent marinade. My husband was very doubtful, but it turned out wonderfully. We added some spices to this, cumin, I think. - 24 Jul 2008