5 people made this
About this recipe:
Scallop dish with water chestnuts and a spicy sauce. Serve with boiled rice.
1 tablespoon cornflour
4 tablespoons white wine
4 tablespoons peanut oil
2 spring onions, chopped
650g fresh scallops
250ml fish stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (225g) tin of sliced water chestnuts, drained
Hot chilli sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl dissolve cornflour in the white wine. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil until almost smoking. Remove the frying pan from heat and add spring onions. Return the frying pan to heat and cook, stirring constantly until the scallions are soft.
- Add the scallops to the frying pan. Cook the scallops for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add stock to the frying pan and continue stirring. Stir in ginger and water chestnuts. Add salt and red pepper or hot sauce to taste.
- Stir in the mixture of dissolved cornflour and white wine. Turn the heat to high and cook the mixture until it thickens.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate