Red Potato Roasties with Rosemary
- 1kg (2 1/4 lb) red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 250 C / Gas mark 8.
- Place potatoes in a large roasting tin and toss with oil, salt, pepper and rosemary until evenly coated. Spread out potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
Something else. I've been doing something very similar to these for several years now. If you like your potatoes crispy, after chopping them, dry them thoroughly on kitchen roll before adding the oil. I put the potatoes in a large plastic freezer bag, then add about 1.5 T of extra virgin olive oil. Generally speaking, the less oil you can use, the better the result. after tossing the potatoes in the bag with the oil to coat, add the herbs. I use dried Herbs de Provence, but almost any herb or blend will work, and sea salt. Toss to coat again. When opening the bag, dump the potatoes on a foil lined tray, but DON'T dump the excess oil in the bag onto the tray. Bake for 20 minutes initially on 220° on the middle rack Then take the it out of the oven, and gently turn the potatoes. This will keep them from sticking to the foil later. Reduce the heat to 200° and cook for another 15 minutes. A fan oven will yield a bit crispier results, but with only a small reduction in cooking time. Don't open the oven except to turn the potatoes. - 15 Sep 2008
Rated on 16 Jan 2014
Used different ingredients. I like to use fresh herbs for this recipe and olive oil and some lemon juice. It is easy and has a nice flavour. - 15 Sep 2008