Beef stew and dumplings for the slow cooker
- 450g (1lb) stewing steak, cubed
- 450g (1lb) carrots, chopped
- 450g (1lb) swede, peeled and chopped
- 450g (1lb) parsnips, chopped
- 450g (1lb) onions, chopped
- boiling water as needed
- 3 beef stock cubes
- 1 packet dumpling mix
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
Prep:10min › Cook:6hr › Ready in:6hr10min
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with the raw cubed stewing steak then add the chopped vegetables.
- Boil the kettle and pour the water into the slow cooker, then add beef stock cubes and give it a good stir. Put on the lid and cook on High for 6 hours.
- Using packet dumpling mix, follow the instructions and add mixed herbs into the dough. Place the dumplings in the slow cooker on top of the beef stew about 1/2 hour before the stew is ready to eat.
lovley - 18 Nov 2010
Very nice, very easy to prepare and tasty - 06 Jan 2012
first time for me using my slow cooker but as there is 6 of us at home and not having alot of time on my hands this seemed to be the best way forward, I was convinced but had to prove to the rest of the family...picked this recipe out and what tastey results, so much so they were all asking for more. Try it for yourself you won't be disappointed - 18 Nov 2012