Smoked Mackerel Pâté
- 225g (8 oz) smoked mackerel
- 100g (4 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- salt to taste
Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
- Crumble the smoked mackerel. Place mackerel and mascarpone cheese into a food processor. Blend well using the pulse setting.
- Transfer mackerel mixture to a medium bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, horseradish, mustard, cayenne pepper, red onion and salt.
Haven't made this in years and had forgotten my recipe, this one is super easy and very tasty. I didn't have quite enough mackerel but it was still good, and there is no need to bother with a food processor, I made it just as quickly using a fork and and didn't have to wash the food processor - result! - 08 Feb 2011
- 08 Feb 2013