Simple no fuss bread and butter pudding
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 slices of any bread
- 3 handfuls sultanas
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:5min resting › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Butter 5 slices of bread, cut in half.
- Layer the bread in the dish adding a handful of sultanas and the sugar mix as you go, covering each slice.
- Mix the milk and eggs together and whisk.
- Pour over the bread and leave to absorb for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until the pudding is set and browned.
It looks like you have added too much milk, you haven't. This pudding has lots of sugar-tastes bloody good though!! The drier the bread, the more butter I put on.
Dont understand APBarrats comment...all the instructions are clearly in the recipe! - 08 Jun 2012
This recipe doesn't actually give cooking instructions. What temperature should it go in the oven at? How long for? What kind of dish should I use? I wouldn't tell you how to cook a boiled egg by just saying "Take an egg and put it in water." - 14 Jan 2012
This looks lovely. In my recipe I use jam to add that extra dimension http://recipesatrandom.com/2012/02/04/jam-sandwich-pudding-bread-and-butter-pudding-with-jam/ - 04 Feb 2012