Makes: 1 tart
- 1 sheet ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 115g golden syrup
- 85g cornflake cereal
- 55g butter
- 25g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 small pinch salt
- 100g strawberry jam, slightly warmed
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Line a quiche dish with the shortcrust pastry. Trim off the excess around the edges. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork.
- Place a sheet of foil into the pastry case and pour in enough baking weights/dried beans to fill the base. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. (You may need to remove the foil and beans and place back into the oven for 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium-large saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt together. Once the sugar has dissolved, gently fold in the cornflakes, making sure that all the cornflakes are coated in the syrup.
- Remove pastry case from the oven, remove the weights/dried beans and spread the base with jam. Pour in the cornflake mixture and level off the mixture with a wet knife.
- Bake the tart for an additional 5 minutes or until just set up. Allow to cool slightly before serving with custard.
Everyone loved it! My mum even asked for some to take home! I like many others used a ready made sweet pastry case (morrisons the best) and it is absolutely delicious! Just about to make my 3rd one - 03 Aug 2011
Used different ingredients. 25g granulated sugar - 22 Feb 2011
When I saw this recipe I had to do it as it was my favorite desert at first school I tweaked it slightly by using a ready made pastry case instead of the pre- rolled sheet. I will definitely be making this again as it was so easy - 26 Feb 2011