Creamy Red Pepper Soup
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 4 red peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 750ml (1 1/4 pints) chicken stock
- 100ml (4 fl oz) double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the red peppers, onion and garlic in the saucepan and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in the chicken stock, stirring well, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Run the soup through a sieve and return the liquid to the saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the double cream and salt and pepper to taste, and allow to heat through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
This is lovely, smooth and creamy. Ive made it up and frozen it, just perfect for a midweek meal and with all the lovely bread machine recipes on this site i will defrost the soup while im at work and put the timer on the bread machine, so when we get home from work we can have lovely homemade soup and homemade bread. Perfect for when you want to relax after a hard day at work - 01 Feb 2010
Gorgeous and flavoursome. My boyfriend just made me this and it was scrumptious. - 01 Aug 2011
I used yellow peppers, didn't pass it through a sieve and added soured cream, so basically I changed the recipe but it was still scrummy. Will definitely make it again. - 07 Sep 2012