Slow cooker bacon and sausage casserole
- 6 sausages
- 6 slices smoked or unsmoked bacon
- 1 swede, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 tin tomatoes
- tomato puree
- herbs such as paprika and mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 beef OXO® cube, crumbled
- 300ml (1/2pt) water
Prep:20min › Cook:3hr › Ready in:3hr20min
- Brown the sausages and the bacon under the grill. Add the sausage, bacon and all the veg to a slow cooker or Pyrex dish.
- Add the tomatoes and puree to the dish; stir. Place in a jug the herbs, the flour and the OXO cube and stir before sprinkling over the bacon, sausages and veg.
- Add the water and stir, making sure the flour isn't stuck to the sides.
- Put on the lid and cook in the slow cooker cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 9 hours. Alternatively, bake in the oven, covered, 200 C / Gas 6, for 2 hours.
- Serve with mash or jacket potatoes . . . Enjoy :)
If the mixture is too runny then add more flour to the mixture. If it becomes to thick add a little more water.
If you would like to add mushrooms, slice a handful and add 30 minutes before eating!
Made this today and doubled up on the recipe. I added some chilli flakes for spice - love spicy food!! :-) Bought caramelised onion sausages from Sainsburys and the result was amazing!! This dish is a real winter warmer and was very easy to do. My other half was amazed that I made this as I'm a useless cook!!!!! - 04 Nov 2012
Easy to prepare and very tasty. It was a success with my other half, he said it was delicious and was quite impressed. Would definitely try this again - 12 Dec 2012
Real easy and absolutely delicious. - 03 Feb 2012