1 person made this
About this recipe:
This dish is generally found in Hungary, but this dish is tweaked a little in other countries, such as Turkey.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
300g stir-fry beef strips
100g chestnut mushrooms, quatered
1 teaspoon paprika
500g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
600ml hot beef stock
400g tinned tomatoes
1 handful chopped parsley
- Put half of the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the beef for 2 minutes, sitrring once halfway through.
- Tip the meat onto a plate. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms until starting to colour, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika over mushrooms (and any other related spices you want), fry briefly, then tip in potatoes, stock and tomatoes.
- Give a good stir, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Return beef to the pan, and warm through. Stir in parsley.
This goes well with rice (preferably plain), or good on its own as a stew-type meal.
Any leftovers will freeze well.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate