Tagliatelle with asparagus and mushrooms
- 1/2 (500g) packet tagliatelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chillies
- 1 (200g) punnet mushrooms, sliced
- 50g (2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, chillies and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes more.
- Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Something else. excellent recipe - I cooked the asparagus a little longer and added garlic. - 21 Jul 2008
Lovely! I added 3 cloves garlic and 1 chopped fresh chilli to the asparagus and cooked for a couple minutes longer before adding the mushrooms and then the stock. Also used wholewheat penne pasta instead of tagliatelle. Simple but delicious. - 13 Jun 2011
Made it healthier. This was very tasty. I made a few revisions: used vegetable stock to make a vegetarian dish; I sauteed the asparagus with 2 cloves of garlic and added the crushed chilli while the asparagus was sauteeing; and added red pepper slices when I added the mushroom, which added a nice flavour and also made for a prettier colour to the dish. Using wholewheat linguine increased the health quotient of this dish. A great spring dish! - 21 Jul 2008