Chicken, leek and potato soup
31 people made this
About this recipe:
Easy to cook, quick winter soup. This is great to make when leeks are in season, and uses ready made chicken stock for convenience.
1 chicken breast fillet
1/2 Oxo® stock cube (optional)
3 small potatoes
1/3 leek (white and light green parts only)
400ml chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Prepare chicken breast by rubbing with half an OXO cube. Place chicken on a baking tray.
- Bake chicken breast into hot oven for 30 minutes.
- Whist chicken breast is cooking, peel and chop potatoes into small chunks. Peel and chop leek and cut into small pieces.
- Add potatoes and leeks in to a pan, prepare the chicken stock with boiling water pour over potato and leek mixture.
- When chicken is ready, cut into small pieces and add to the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes, remembering to stir now and then. Once simmered, mash the mixture up to make it more soup-like. Serve hot and ENJOY :)
ok such a lot to choese from
- 29 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate