1 / 1 Picture by: Dizzy2011
Chicken, leek and potato soup
Dizzy2011 Merseyside, England, UK
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1/2 Oxo® stock cube (optional)
- 3 small potatoes
- 1/3 leek (white and light green parts only)
- 400ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Prepare chicken breast by rubbing with half an OXO cube. Place chicken on a baking tray.
- Bake chicken breast into hot oven for 30 minutes.
- Whist chicken breast is cooking, peel and chop potatoes into small chunks. Peel and chop leek and cut into small pieces.
- Add potatoes and leeks in to a pan, prepare the chicken stock with boiling water pour over potato and leek mixture.
- When chicken is ready, cut into small pieces and add to the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes, remembering to stir now and then. Once simmered, mash the mixture up to make it more soup-like. Serve hot and ENJOY :)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!