1 / 2
2 / 2
29 people made this
About this recipe:
My sister loves meringues and she has tried many recipes but something always went wrong for her! I eventually gave her mine and she claims it's foolproof. So here it is!
Makes: 50 meringues
5 egg whites
250g icing sugar
1 tablespoon caster sugar
a few drops vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 120 C / Gas 1. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- In a completely dry and clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the icing sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and cornflour. Whisk again, until shiny and smooth.
- Spoon teaspoon-sized dollops of meringue onto the lined baking trays. Alternatively, place meringue mixture in a piping bag and pipe onto trays.
- Bake in the oven for 90 minutes and leave the oven door slightly open.
- Remove the meringues from the oven and leave to cool.
Transfer them to an air-tight container if you aren't serving straightaway. They'll stay fresh for 2 or 3 weeks.
ilove meringues and whenever i tried they always failed! but this one was full proof and delicious!
- 10 Apr 2012
I always add a drop of distilled white vinegar to the recipe, makes it lovely and glossy
- 07 Jan 2013
I think sugar amounts are the wrong way round
- 29 Dec 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate