1 / 1
8 people made this
About this recipe:
A vanilla custard mixture is cooked in a shortcrust pastry case. Delicious warm or cold - with nothing else!
1 litre full fat milk
1 vanilla bean
150g caster sugar
1 shortcrust pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Split the vanilla bean open and scrape the seeds. Add the milk and vanilla bean to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour with the sugar in a bowl. Beat the eggs then add to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add the boiling milk to the bowl.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Roll out the pastry and line a dish or tart tin with it. Pour the custard mixture into the pastry case. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
More scrummy if put a layer of fruit underneath
- 10 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate