Spicy Summer Pasta Salad
- 4.5L (8 pints) water
- 1 (500g) packet fusilli pasta
- 275ml (10 fl oz) tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 50g (2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 75g (3 oz) frozen sweetcorn, cooked
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet, poached and diced
Prep:30min › Cook:10min › Ready in:40min
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions; drain.
- Stir the tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, chilli powder, paprika, salt and black pepper together. Toss it with the drained pasta and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Combine the Parmesan, sweetcorn, coriander, spring onions, red pepper, green pepper and diced chicken breast. Toss with the chilled pasta mixture and cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Used different ingredients. This is a great pasta salad! My original intent for this recipe was for today's lunch...I started it last night and after letting the pasta chill, I added the remaining ingrediants and let chill overnight. About an hour before lunch, I pulled this out of the fridge and although it had taste, it was very dry. I added some italian dressing (just enough to dampen the pasta) and put it back in the fridge to blend and cooked an alternative lunch instead. I just pulled this salad out to taste-test after letting it sit with the Italian dressing addition (apprx 2 hours) and it is fantastic!! I can hardly stop eating it! The heat is "warm" (not spicy or hot) due to the chilli powder but very tasty. Love it and will continue to make again and again. Thanks Holly! - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. We found this salad to be a little dry, so we added fresh chopped tomatoes. It was quite good! - 21 Jul 2008
This is a really good dish for picnics. - 21 Jul 2008