Chicken and chorizo
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 1 packet chorizo
- 1 (400g) tin mixed pulses
- 1 (400g) tin baked beans
- 2 small tins tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 3 packets microwave rice
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Extra time:3min cooling › Ready in:48min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Cut the chicken breast fillets into 1cm cubes and put into a casserole dish.
- Slice the chorizo into small squares and add to casserole dish.
- Open the tin of mixed pulses and put into dish. Do this with the baked beans as well.
- Open the two small tins (I'm not sure how many grams they are but they're about the height of your middle finger) of tomato puree and put them into the mix. What I usually do here is fill them with water when they are empty and put the tomato-ey water into the dish. This makes the meal less thick and doesn't waste any food!
- Now can squeeze about one teaspoon of garlic puree into the mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix it up.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, leave it to cool. While it cools, put the microwave rice in and it should be ready by the time it cools down!
You could also try this with pasta. Have with a nice glass of white wine to enjoy the full flavour. Great for kids and for dinner party guests. Everyone loves it. You could also add a few sundried tomatoes for extra flavour! Maybe add some herbs, too.
Made a nice change, loved it - 09 Oct 2013
love this ,the chorizo made it slightly spicey - 18 May 2013
My family loved this, quick & simple & tastes great. - 09 Dec 2012