Slow cooker lamb one pot
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 12 small new potatoes
- about 700g boneless lamb shoulder joint
- salt and pepper
- 400ml lamb stock (I used a stock cube)
- 2 tablespoons Bisto® gravy granules
- mint sauce or jelly to serve
- Yorkshire pudding to serve
Prep:10min › Cook:8hr › Ready in:8hr10min
- Turn the slow cooker onto low. Place the carrots and potatoes in the bottom. Remove any string from the lamb joint and place on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the hot lamb stock, cover and cook for about 8 to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the lamb carefully (use 2 forks to lift out as it will fall apart - no need to carve, just pull the meat apart). Make up about 120ml boiling water with the Bisto and ladle in a few ladlefuls of the juice from the slow cooker to taste.
- Plate up the lamb and vegetable and serve with Yorkshire pudding, mint sauce and gravy.
Use for leftovers
leftover lamb is great in sandwhiches with mint sauce.
See it on my blog
Best lamb i have ever tasted and so so simple - 05 Jun 2011
Tried this yesterday and loved it! The lamb was tasty and very tender, the veg was lovely and soft. I also added a couple cloves of garlic and a sprinkle of rosemary to the slowcooker (just cause i love them with lamb). Used the leftover juice for the gravy as directed and it made a lovely thick, rich gravy (used lamb bisto). served it in a giant yorkshire pudding each - husband was most impressed! (i don't cook often) - 29 Jan 2012
Really tasty and so simple. Was lovely to have a complete meal! the timing was perfect too, meat was delicious and potatoes were tender. - 09 Jul 2011