Spinach, Mushroom and Broccoli Easy Quiche
- 1 small red or white onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 small florets of broccoli, sliced
- 200g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 100g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 100-150g grated cheese of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- shop-bought shortcrust pastry
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- If you are using pastry place this in the flan dish 1st. I have used this without pastry before and tastes just as good.
- In a pan sauté the chopped onion, garlic and sliced the broccoli along with the chopped mushrooms. After around 5 minutes I added the baby spinach leaves. Leave them until they become soft. I then drained off any excess liquid that was in the pan so there was no juice. This would make the quiche soggy. In a separate bowl I beat the eggs, add the crème fraiche and milk and the grated cheese. Add the sautéed veggies, salt and pepper. Stir together then place in the flan dish. (In the picture my is quite small dish. What i had left I placed in ramekin dish just so I didn't waste any!!!)
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Great recipe with excellent instructions. Being short of time (& energy) I only made the vegetable stage. I added a few chunks of left-over gammon, topped the cooked vegetables with the grated cheese & grilled for 5 minutes. A tasty, quick & healthy, light meal. Thanks Sooty Bear! - 24 Mar 2014
if you read it properaly beadwitch it does say the amount of cheese, 100-150g and the and the cooking time is 30 mins. - 01 May 2012
Not given either amount of cheese in ingredients list or cooking temperature in method, help! - 29 Jul 2011