- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Place the biscuits in a large bowl and beat into fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and stir in, with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Press the mixture into the base of a greased 18cm round loose-bottomed baking tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa and half the remaining sugar. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the cheese until light, then gradually beat in the remaining sugar, the ground almonds, almond essence and cream.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add the cheese mixture to the chocolate, beating well with each addition.
- Pour onto the base and decorate with the flaked almonds, placing them very lightly on the top so that they don't sink in.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool in the tin, and then chill until needed.
For an even more chocolatey cheesecake, use 150g Oreo® or Bourbon® biscuits instead of digestives for the base, and reduce the butter to 50g. You could also stir in another 25g ground almonds with the biscuit crumbs.
To easily remove a dessert from a loose-bottomed cake tin without risking it falling to pieces, find a bowl that is deeper than the cake tin but with a slightly smaller circumference. Stand the cake tin on top of the bowl, hold it on both sides and pull downwards.
For more easy tips on how to make a perfect cheesecake, check out our Perfect cheesecake tips how-to guide.
Watch our video to see how to make the easiest no-bake chocolate cheesecake ever! Watch now!