Strozzapretti pesto rosso
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons red pesto
- 300ml creme fraiche
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons grated Grana Padano cheese
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil with the drizzle of oil. Rinse the pasta and add to the pan of boiling water. Leave to boil gently for at least 8 minutes.
- In saucepan, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the oregano and chilli flakes.
- Add the chicken, and cook and stir until browned and no longer pink at the centre.
- Once chicken is nearly cooked, add 1 tablespoon of the red pesto, 1 teaspoon of the creme fraiche, the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and half of the sliced spring onions.
- Keep an eye on the pasta; taste test to ensure pasta is soft all the way through. Keep the pasta in the hot water until the chicken is cooked.
- Once chicken is brown and cooked through, lower the heat and add the rest of the creme fraiche from the pot, the remaining 1 tablespoon of red pesto and all but a teaspoon of the sliced spring onions you have left.
- Stir this mixture together in the pan, heating gently.
- Drain your pasta and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the spicy chicken mixture from the pan into the bowl and mix together with the pasta.
- Serve up into 4 bowls. Sprinkle the remaining spring onions into each bowl, and sprinkle a teaspoon of the grated Grana Padano for a finishing touch on the dish.
- ENJOY! :)
Changing the recipe for different amount of servings: 60g pasta per person, 100g chicken per person. Reduce or add to the other measurements as you need to.
Make it healthier
Use low fat creme fraiche for a healthier option.
I've made this twice now and it's real easy and tasty, can change the amount of chilli flakes for how hot you want it but even with a small amount the flavours are excellent. Thank you. - 02 Oct 2013