3 people made this
About this recipe:
So nice you will make more . . . and more . . . This easy biscuit is spicy and egg free, nice with afternoon tea.
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
110g self-raising flour
40g caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
Extra time:5min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Gently mix the ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together, until uniform in colour. Whisk in self-raising flour.
- Stir in sugar and cream the margarine until a crumbly paste. Add syrup until a soft dough forms, then form the dough into a ball.
- Separate into 16 pieces and roll into smaller balls. Then place into the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Leave to cool slightly, but make sure you taste some whilst still reasonably warm!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate