- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a measuring jug, mix together oil and milk.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Work into a loose and slightly tacky dough ball with your fingertips.
- Cover bowl with cling film and rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal sized pieces. Cover under a damp towel and rest for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Take one ball of dough and roll on a lightly floured surface to a 20cm circle.
- Place onto the dry heated frying pan and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. It should slightly puff up when it’s done. Wrap in a couple of tea towels and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, roll out the second ball of dough. Repeat until all the tortillas are rolled and cooked. These tortillas can be reheated in the oven, wrapped in foil or in the microwave, in a sealed freezer bag. Enjoy!!!
If you prefer 100% white flour tortillas, simply use 300g plain white flour instead of 50:50.
Try not to cook these for more than 1 minute per side, otherwise they will get hard and dry out.
See it on my blog
Check out this recipe on honeyandspice!