1 / 1 Picture by:
Coffee cake with white chocolate frosting
Janeypod Tyne and Wear, England, UK
- 175g (6oz) butter or magarine
- 140g (5oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons coffee, dissolved in 4 teaspoons hot water
- For the frosting
- 110g (4oz) white chocolate
- 85g (3oz) soft butter
- 225g (8oz) sifted icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 crumbled Flake® bar or cocoa powder to dust
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line 2 (18 to 20cm) cake tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, alternating with a tablespoon of the flour from the recipe. Beat well between each addition.
- Stir in the remaining flour and coffee. Divide mixture between cake tins.
- Bake until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. When baked, allow to cool for a few minutes, then turn out of the tins and allow to cool completely.
- Make frosting by melting white chocolate on a small heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. When melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat together butter and icing sugar until smooth, then beat in melted chocolate and milk.
- Spread half of the frosting over one half of the cake and sandwich both cakes together. Spread remaining frosting over the top of the cake and sprinkle with the crushed Flake bar or with cocoa powder. Enjoy !
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!