Simple homemade scones
853 people made this
About this recipe:
Make some warm homemade scones in less than half an hour - the sultanas are optional.
225g self raising flour
50g cold butter, cut into pieces
25g caster sugar
Extra time:3min ›
- Measure out the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the butter. Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and sultanas (if using).
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C/ gas mark 7. Grease a baking tray.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir everything together. Knead the mixture together with your hands until you have formed a stiff dough.
- Gently roll out the dough until it is 2 cms thick. Cut out shapes with biscuit cutters dipped in flour.
- Put the scones on a baking tray, brush them with milk and cook them for 12-15 minutes. Then leave them on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
Made them today. Added 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Yummy.
- 01 Jul 2012
added a small teaspoon of baking powder, not sure if it made a difference but the best scone recipe ever
- 27 Jan 2013
Lovely I added mixed fruit as opposed to sultana's and they were gorgeous
- 24 Sep 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate