1 person made this
About this recipe:
These cookies are my daddy's favourite because they're loaded with all of his favourite things. They are really nice and crunchy too.
Makes: 4 dozen
225g butter or margarine, softened
100g caster sugar
110g dark brown
1 large egg
256g plain flour
45g instant oatmeal, uncooked
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
30g toasted rice cereal, like Rice Krispies®
75g M&M's® or chocolate chips
35g dessicated coconut
50g chopped pecans
40g raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In large bowl cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy; beat in the egg.
- In medium bowl combine flour, oatmeal, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda, and salt; blend flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Lightly crush the cereal into smaller pieces.
- In the main bowl, stir in the M&M's (or chocolate chips), cereal, coconut, and pecans. Drop by spoonfuls about two inches apart into ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool before eating.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container.
You can use cornflakes, Chex® cereal, or any other light plain cereal as long as you crush it. I prefer using Special K® cereal.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate