1 / 1 Picture by: Flora
- 350g (12 oz) lean minced beef (10% fat)
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Knorr Beef stock cube
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato puree
- Handful of fresh chopped herbs, such as thyme, sage, oregano and rosemary
- Good pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 glass red wine (125ml)
- 175g (6 oz) lasagne sheets
- For the bechamel sauce
- 425ml (3/4 pint) semi-skimmed milk
- 1 small onion and carrot
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 tablespoons Flora Cuisine
- 25g (1 oz) flour
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
Prep:25min › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:1hr35min
- Pre-heat oven to moderate 170°C (fan assisted), 350°F, Gas 4.
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Crumble in the Knorr cube and stir in. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the lasagne in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, until just soft. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion, carrot and bayleaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the Flora Cuisine and flour. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne and sauce ending with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!