1 / 1 Picture by: adamhoban
Farmhouse vegetable soup
adamhoban County Dublin, Ireland
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:10min chilling › Ready in:1hr25min
- Add the oil to a big pot, put on a high heat. Throw in the onion and leek and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add in the potatoes. Pop the lid on and leave for around 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the rest of the vegetables. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Check the soup every few minutes. After around 30 to 40 minutes season with salt and pepper and take off the heat.
- Allow to cool for a bit and then blend until you get a nice smooth consistency.
Depending on how you like your soup you can adjust simmering time. Longer for a thicker soup, shorter for a thinner soup :)
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!