1 / 1 Picture by:
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15g butter
- 2 guinea fowl, jointed
- a generous handful chopped fresh parsley
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 250g small onions, quartered
- 200g button mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle of Burgundy wine
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:2hr
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Add oil and butter to a large casserole, and melt over medium high heat. Add the guinea fowl and brown over high heat. Do this in batches so that you don't overcrowd the pan.
- Place all of the guinea fowl in the casserole and sprinkle with the herbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, onions, whole mushrooms and garlic around the guinea fowl and pour the wine over the whole lot. Cover and bake n the oven for 90 minutes. Check the guinea fowl from time to time and remove the lid 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!