1 / 1 Picture by: Crin
Makes: 24 bread sticks
- 75g butter or margarine, melted
- 280g plain flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 225ml milk
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 8. Place melted butter in an ungreased 38x28cm lipped baking tray or swiss roll tin.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; mix well. Stir in the milk until just moistened, do not overmix. Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly 10 times. Roll into a rectangle, approximately 30x23cm. Cut into 1.5cm strips.
- Roll each side of bread stick in butter in prepared tin; arrange in the tin (do not allow sides to touch). Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!