1 / 1
6 people made this
About this recipe:
There's no pasta in this recipe - the courgettes just resemble stuffed cannelloni tubes! It's a fun and different way to serve courgettes. Nice with rice or couscous.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
300g beef mince
400g tomato passata or sieved tomatoes
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
30g grated gruyere cheese
Salt and pepper
- Wash courgettes and trim ends. Slice them in half and scoop out the flesh to form empty cylinders. Chop the courgette flesh into small pieces and set aside to use later.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mince, salt and pepper, chopped courgetter flesh, turmeric, cinnamon and fresh coriander. Pour over tomato passata and add a handful of grated cheese. Mix well.
- Fill the courgette tubes with the mince mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the courgettes are tender. Serve hot.
Just one question..... What gas mark oven do I put on to bake?
- 05 Feb 2013
Great recipe. I had trouble keeping the two halves of courgette together, so I wrapped them in Parma ham - delicious!
- 12 May 2014
this sounds amazing
- 18 Sep 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate