1 / 1 Picture by: Leila Lindholm
Makes: 1 round loaf of bread
- 15g fresh yeast
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 175g durum wheat flour
- 275g strong bread flour
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Extra time:40min proofing › Ready in:1hr30min
- Crumble the yeast into a mixing bowl and dissolve it in the water, olive oil, honey and sea salt.
- Mix in the flours a little at a time; knead until the dough becomes elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Let it rise in a bowl under a cloth, until it doubles in size, about 40 minutes.
- Press the dough into a rectangle shape about 1cm thick. Don't roll it because the air will be pressed out of the dough.
- Fill the dough with the filling of your choice ( such as proscuitto, mozarella and fresh basil or feta cheese and olives).
- Brush the edges of the dough with water and roll it into a long sausage shape, then shape into a wreath.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C/ gas mark 10.
- Place on a tray lined with baking parchment, flour the bread and let it rise under a cloth for about 30 minutes.
- Put the tray in the oven, and lower the temperature to 200 degrees C / gas mark 6. Bake fr around 35 minutes and let it cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
About my book:
One More Slice is published by New Holland Publishers, price £12.99.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!