1 / 1 Picture by: Wendy Sweetser
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- For the cupcakes
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g fudge, chopped into small pieces
- For the fudge icing
- 140g fudge, chopped
- 50g unslated butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 115g icing sugar
- To decorate
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Coloured marzipan or sugarpaste (see directions)
Prep:25min › Cook:20min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then stir in the flour and fudge pieces until evenly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing: put the fudge in a saucepan, add the butter and milk and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the fudge and butter melt.
- To make the animal faces: roll out coloured marzipan or sugarpaste icing and cut out the main shapes. Add details by cuttin small pieces of icing for ears, paws and feet, dampening and pressing into place. Add the eyes and other details with coloured decorating icing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!