Easy sticky toffee pudding
- 1 mug black tea
- 100g raisins
- 85g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 70g demerara sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- For the toffee topping
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 50g demerara sugar
Prep:5min › Cook:35min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Make a mug of tea, without milk. Remove teabag after a few minutes then add the raisins. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter with sugars in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs.
- Add the flour, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix.
- Drain the raisins and add to a food processor or blender with a tablespoon of milk. After blending, add to the cake mixture and stir in with bicarbonate of soda. Pour the cake mixture into a buttered dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking, add all the topping ingredients into a non-stick saucepan. Cook and stir until the sauce brims over with foamy bubbles. Turn off the heat, but continue to stir until the bubbles go down.
- Add the sauce over the top of the warm pudding to ensure even spreading.
- Serve hot, with vanilla ice cream if desired!
Avoid opening the oven until the last possible moment, otherwise it will sink in the middle.
this worked really well and tasted fantastic. I made the mistake of using a bowl that was too deep when cooking. For anyone else using this recipe I would suggest that the mixture only needs to be about an inch thick in the oven dish and expect it to rise by more than 100%. do not open the oven door until the time is up or it will sink in the middle. Definately making this one again. - 07 Mar 2012
- 26 Jun 2011