1 / 1 Picture by: mummyluvs2cook
Slow cooker Mexican pork carnitas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.8kg piece of boneless pork shoulder
- 2 bay leaves
- 475ml chicken stock
Prep:15min › Cook:10hr › Ready in:10hr15min
- Mix together salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. Pour the chicken stock around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours. Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours. When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Use the leftover cooking stock as needed to moisten the meat.
Loved this recipe and so did my three fussy children! Will be using this recipe again. Meat was falling apart and tasted delicious. - 18 Jan 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!