Condensed milk "sandwiches"
2 people made this
About this recipe:
Only for people with a sweet tooth! Rich vanilla shortbread biscuits are filled with a caramel icing.
Makes: 6 "sandwiches"
130g icing sugar
4 egg yolks
300g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (400g) tin condensed milk
1 pinch salt
Extra time:2hr setting ›
- Cream together butter and sugar, then vanilla.
- Add in the egg yolks, then the flour to form a dough. Wrap dough in cling film and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2.
- Roll dough in between 2 sheets of wax paper. Cut out 12 pieces 4cmx14cm.
- Bake these biscuits for 15 minutes.
- For the caramel, put the condensed milk tin in a pot. Cover with water and boil for 2 hours, making sure that the tin remains covered with water, then cool for 30 minutes.
- Open tin, and allow to rest.
- Make sandwiches with biscuits and caramel.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate