- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water (if you put them into boiling water, the eggs could crack) then, bring the water to the boil.
- While the eggs are coming to a boil, toast the bread.
- Once the pan is boiling, turn the heat down. And simmer for 3 minutes for soft yolks or 6 minutes for hard yolks.
- Now lay the toast on the grill tray. Leave the crusts on, you can cut them off later. Sprinkle over the Cheddar cheese. Lay the four slices of ham on top of the toast.
- Put the toast under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After the eggs have cooked, carefully remove from the saucepan. Turn off the heat.
- When the toast is done, remove from the grill.
- Cut the toast into soldiers, trimming the crusts.
- Cut the top of the egg with a knife. Serve!
Lightly toast the bread. If toasted too much, the taste would be ruined!
Make it healthier
Use granary bread for a healthier taste!
Sprinkle cheese on the toast to stop the ham slipping!
Wrap the eggs in a towel after simmering to keep warm.
Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the pan to stop them falling!