1 / 1 Picture by: What a Dish!
- 1 turkey breast joint on the bone, about 2.25kg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr20min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Cut off any excess fat from the turkey breast, then gently loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin, being careful not to tear the skin. Place the crown, skin side up, in a shallow roasting tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, Italian herbs, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Using your hand, spread the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and over the outside of the crown. Use wooden skewers to seal skin over any exposed breast meat, if necessary.
- Add about 5mm of water to the bottom of the roasting tin. Roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 77 degrees C.
For more garlic flavour, slide thinly sliced garlic underneath the skin before roasting.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!