88 people made this
About this recipe:
This is my mum's simple lemon mousse that she makes every Christmas or for family gatherings.
2 leaves gelatine
4 eggs, separated
125g caster sugar
grated rind 1½ lemons
juice of 2 lemons
300mls cream, half whipped
- Soak and dissolve the gelatine in a little warm water.
- Beat egg yolks, caster sugar and lemon rind until fluffy and white.
- Add lemon juice and dissolved gelatine.
- Finally fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and half whipped cream until evenly mixed.
- Keep in fridge till ready to serve.
my husband and I prepared it.
It is so simple to make.
- 07 Apr 2012
Really lovely - I only had 250 ml cream but it worked out just fine. Will be making this again
- 05 Sep 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate