1 / 1
22 people made this
About this recipe:
This creamy terrine is made with a mixture of smoked salmon and cooked fresh salmon and is well worth making for a dinner party or special occassion.
600g fresh salmon
100g smoked salmon
2 egg whites
1 or 2 sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil, diced
2 tablespoons frozen garden peas
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon dill
Extra time:8hr chilling ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4. Pour some water into a roasting tin that you'll use as a water bath to cook the salmon terrine.
- In a food processor, blend the cooked salmon, smoked salmon, egg whites, cream and fresh herbs.
- Stir in chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil and the peas.
- Pour into an oven proof silicone mould or non stick loaf tin and set in the roasting tray that has water in it (adding more water to the tin if necessary - it should come 3/4 up the side of the mould.
- Carefully transfer the water bath to the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
I thought this was very bland and lacked flavour and would not make again.
- 28 Jul 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate